Apple Event 2022: iPhone 14, AirPods Pro 2, Watch Series 8 and Software updates
What could be announced at the next Apple Event On September 7, as made official by an invitation Apple sent out announcing a “Far Out“-titled event.
The iPhone 14 is almost certainly going to be the big headline announcement at Apple’s September event. A few other things seem close to certain, as well, including the Apple Watch Series 8.
Last Rumors of iPhone 14
Apple is expected to launch four new iPhone models, but there may not be a mini version. As per rumors, the company could unveil the iPhone 14(6.1-inch), the iPhone 14 Plus/iPhone 14 Max (6.7-inch), the iPhone 14 Pro(6.1-inch), and the iPhone 14 Pro Max(6.7-inch). All these models are said to come with support for iOS 16, an A16 Bionic chip, and improved cameras and batteries. the iPhone 14 is expected to be the Lightning Port’s last stand for the line.
- The iPhone 14 Pro models are expected to feature a “hole-punch” design that does away with the notch for a larger display area. The front-facing camera will be located in a small cutout, and Face ID hardware will be in a second pill-shaped cutout.
- The main camera is said to be getting a major bump, up to a 48-megapixel sensor. That’s for the wide-angle, with is paired with a couple of 12-megapixel cameras (telephoto and ultrawide).
- Always-on display (Pro only), and a faster 5G modem.
iPhone 14: Green, Purple, Blue, Black, White, and Red. Pink is replaced with Purple.
iPhone 14 Pro: Green, Purple, Silver, Gold, and Graphite. He says purple takes the place of Sierra Blue.
Apple AirPods Pro 2
- Apple’s H1 processor.
- Apple’s Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC) support.
- In-ear wing tip design.
- Bluetooth 5.2 support(opens in new tab) with LE Audio.
- New audio codec: the Low Complexity Communications Codec (LC3).
- Wireless range with stronger and more stable connectivity.
- Some fitness-tracking.
- Support for third-party apps.
Apple Watch Series 8
- The Apple Watch Series 8 could get new health features that include temperature sensing, and sleep apnea detection and more advanced features like blood glucose monitoring and blood pressure measurements are a possibility, though may not be coming until a later date.
- The Series 8 could include car crash detection.